20 Ways with Frank
Updated: Dec 3, 2018
Three years ago I smelt Frankincense essential oil for the very first time, I immediately felt a sense of familiarity with this aroma. What was it? Where did I know this smell from?
It wasn't long until I learnt Frankincense is Livani and the reason I was so familiar with the aroma is because it is the incense that is burned during our Orthodox Greek religious ceremonies. I have grown up with the smell of Frankincense resin being burnt in our church and our home.
The more I looked into Frankincense I came to realise how powerful this essential oil is and I was not at all surprised to learn the reasons as to why the incense is burnt during religious ceremonies.
Known as 'The King of Oils' Frankincense was a gift brought to baby Jesus by the Three Wise Men alongside Myrrh and Gold. Although it wasn't the essential oil that was gifted we can see how valuable Frankincense was even then.
As a free gift from doTERRA until the 15th of this month, I want to share with you 20 ways to use this incredible essential oil:
1. Used for it's ability to enhance focus and concentration a drop swiped on the back of the neck can be used ahead of a big day at work or school
2. Diffuse Frankincense alone or pair with Lavender Peace to promote restful sleep as it calms the mind
3. Add a drop to your daily moisturiser to reduce blemishes and redness
4. Apply topically to the chest to help support the respiratory system
5. Diffuse Frankincense by itself or with a combination of Cedarwood and Lavender when feeling overwhelmed or anxious
6. Take internally to support healthy cell function, add a drop under the tongue or into a glass of water
7. Massage over your joints and muscles to soothe any tightness
8. Make a roller blend with Frankincense, Lavender and Peppermint to soothe head tension
9. When feeling run down diffuse a combination of On Guard, Lemon and Frankincense essential oil to support the immune system
10. To promote healthy blood flow and support restful sleep combine Lavender, Wild Orange and Frankincense with Fractionated Coconut Oil and aromatically dress your body from head to toe
11. Make a nail strengthening serum with Fractionated Coconut Oil and Frankincense to apply over your nails and cuticles before bed to help strengthen them
12. Use as a household cleaner, combine in a glass bottle with water and use on surfaces to clean and protect from environmental threats
13. Combine Frankincense, Clary Sage and Bergamot in a 10ml roller bottle to create a Hormonal Support blend you can use daily over the lower abdomen and on the inside of your wrists
14. When experiencing digestive discomfort massage a drop of Frankincense with Peppermint over your stomach for a sense of relief
15. Make a newborn sleep blend with 1 drop each of Lavender and Frankincense essential oils into a 10ml roller bottle of Fractionated Coconut Oil, apply to the soles of their feet every night before bed
16. Massage with doTERRA's unscented hand lotion onto the back of your thighs and over your legs to support healthy blood flow and circulation
17. Diffuse before and during Meditation to enhance mindfulness and feel grounded
18. Massage over the liver as part of your weight loss program to help support and promote detoxification
19. During menstrual cycle apply topically to the lower abdomen to help soothe any pain or discomfort
20. Add a drop of to your toothpaste to keep mouth, teeth and gums looking and feeling healthy
You can get a 15ml bottle of Frankincense FREE (available until 31st December 2018) by purchasing your own essential oils (The Home Essentials Kit) and joining our community The Green Oil Tribe find out more here or contact me.
*Please note my blog posts are personal opinions only, I am not a healthcare professional and these posts do not intend to diagnose, treat or cure any disease or condition. Always refer to your healthcare professional when seeking medical advice.